Frequently asked Questions about Loop the Lake
If starting at Speers Point you can ride through pictorial Warners Bay travelling onto the historic Catherine Hill Bay for a refreshing and healthy fruit stop
- Travelling on further to Doyalson for an enjoyable morning tea and muffins stop and catch up with other riders etc.
- After leaving Doyalson there is an additional water and toilet stop at the old “Big Prawn” location for your convenience followed by a water stop at Belmont South Park. There are various other toilet and water stops throughout the 85 klm circuit.
- Then return to Speers Point Park for a refreshing light lunch, fruit, some entertainment and if you desire a refreshing and well deserved swim in the Speers Point pool which is inclusive.
- We have a photographer at various locations around the circuit of which photos can be viewed on our website and purchased at a later date.
- St Johns ambulance personnel will also be in place at various locations around the circuit which hopefully will not be required.
- A pick up bus will follow the last rider leaving Speers Point Park at10am and will travel around the circuit and leave each of the sectors at the designated closing times. This vehicle may assist a cyclist who is unable to complete the ride due to health related or mechanical issues.
- If starting at Doyalson all of the points above apply except you will not be travelling through Catherine Hill Bay.
- Also if starting from Doyalson you perhaps could ask a family member/friend to meet you at Speers Point Park where there is a park designed for children of all ages to enjoy, whilst they wait for mum/dad or whoever to complete their ride and meet them for lunch and fun.
- Perhaps you would like to consider bringing the children’s bikes along with you and enter the family ride which rides around the cycleway for up to 7-11klms. It is your choice of distance. By entering the family ride you will also be able to have a well-deserved lunch, fruit and a refreshing swim in the pool for an entry of $40 per family for up to four persons.
- Ride patches are available at Speers Point for future memories
Under Police Guidance Children Under 16years of age are not permitted to ride in Loop the Lake .
However, Families with children aged 15 yrs and under may wish to participate in the Family Ride 7km ride along the shared path starting at Speers Point Park and riding to Warners Bay. Click here for details
Provided you have your rider bib, you can start when you are ready after 7.00am but the support volunteers, water stops, muffin breaks, lunch and vehicles are scheduled to suit an average pace cyclist starting from Speers Point.
The official Speers Point start is at 7.00am
Speers Point – from 7.00am – 9.00am.
Doyalson – from 8.00am – 11.00am
Family Charity Ride – families can start any time between 9.30 and 10.30am from Speers Point Park.
Speers Point start: 7.00am – 9.00am at Speers Point Park
Doyalson start: 8.00am – 11.00am Doylo, Doyalson RSL, Pacific Hwy Doyalson
Loop the Lake are incredibly grateful to have the services of Advance Sweepers driving the vacuum truck around the ride the night before to clean up as much junk as possible. The council and state government periodically clean the sides of the roads but they don’t do it on request.
Yes. You ride on public roads under the normal bike riding regulations so care and safety are paramount.
The Family Charity Ride is on the shared pathway between Speers Point and Warners bay.
All Rider Bibs for 2018 must be collected fromy our nominated starting point. Bibs will NOT be mailed out due to new Police directions to the event organisers. Please have a copy of your receipt printed or on your phone to expedite the process.
Yes, even if it is raining Loop the Lake will go ahead.
Except as otherwise stated in these Terms and Conditions of Entry and as required by law, the Event Owner is under no obligation to refund monies or entry fees due to non use, cancellation, failure to participate or dissatisfaction by the Participant.
No Bike Trailers are permitted on public Roads when riding in Loop the Lake.
Bike Trailers are permitted in the Family Charity Bike Ride.
Not in Loop the Lake.
Everyone is encouraged to carry suitable spares and repair kit. Some of our official vehicles will have basic puncture kits and we have the cycle shops available for repairs but they do get very busy and so it is best if you are self sufficient.